We are made up of like-minded individuals who focus on and support the charity’s aims and goals. We are a complete volunteer-run charity and could not operate without the passion and hard work of our volunteers. Our Directors and Trustees are all voted in at our AGM by our members.
Directors and Trustees
- Ben Good (Chair) –
- VACANT (Vice-Chair) –
- Adam Rae (Treasurer) – Adam runs his own small software company and has lived in Ipswich for more than 33 years. He is a local Ipswich Borough Councillor and has a keen interest in local history. Adam is also treasurer for the Ipswich Society and the Ipswich Historic Buildings Trust.
- John Warren – John is a lifelong sailor, long time East Coast traditional boat enthusiast and recent resident of Ipswich. With a background in medical research and European regulation, he has been a school governor in South London and residents’ committee chair in Covent Garden. He is also Chair of the River Gipping Trust, one of our partner organisations.
- Jon Cobbold –
- Cathy Shelbourne –
- Angela Cobbold –
Committee Members (Non-Trustees)
- Celia Waters – (Membership Secretary/Company Secretary)
- Helen Persighetti –
- Fraser Yates – Fraser is a lifelong resident of Ipswich with a keen interest in industrial archaeology and local history. He is also the proud owner of the historic diesel tug Fenland that resides in the Wet Dock.
- Andy Parker – Andy is a passionate local historian and heritage professional born and raised in Ipswich, with a love of museums and heritage and sharing the stories of generations of people whose lives have been intertwined with the River Orwell and interactions with all things maritime. His current focus is on Historic Building Conservation and the ongoing maintenance and operation of several Grade 1 and Grade 2 listed buildings in Suffolk.